There's just something about effortless hair and natural makeup that we love! You know those days when you roll out of bed and your hair from the day before has somehow stayed intact and you have an effortless do? Or when your makeup looks sooooo good you can’t actually tell if you are wearing any? We LOVE this. And we are all about embracing your natural beauty! So follow these simple tips to have effortless hair and makeup everyday.
For effortless, tousled hair...
- Wash and condition hair in the morning with a good quality, BPA and paraben free shampoo and conditioner.
- Spritz with a leave in conditioner.
- Back away from the hair dryer and let it air dry! Simply give it a gentle tousle with your hands or tuck both sides tightly behind your ears (when you untuck it, you will have a natural, face-framing, soft wave!)
- Once hair is touch-dry, untuck it from behind your ears if you tucked it and by now you should have natural, soft waves. Spray hair with a beach spray to embrace the natural wave or to create a bed-head like texture.
- Continue to let hair air dry.
- When your hair is completely dry, simply use a small amount of beeswax cream on any flyaways on top. Voilà!
For dewy, natural looking makeup...
- Mix an illuminating primer or BB cream with a moisturizing, healthy cream. We love Embryolisse (it’s cruelty-free and paraben free!).
Lightly pencil in eyebrows using a neutral color and apply a tiny bit of pomade on an eyebrow comb and brush in a slightly upward motion to keep them in place.
- Apply a small amount of mascara lightly only on top lashes only (with a light hand!).
- Use a coral/pink blush lightly on cheeks.
- Add an illuminizing powder to highlight spots such as the bridge of your nose, cheekbones, your Cupid’s Bow (upper lip), the middle of your forehead and chin area.
Finish with a tinted lip balm such as Burt’s Bees “Pink Blossom” or Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in “Rosé”.
Happy hair, skin & nails
To have effortless hair and makeup, you need to have a solid foundation by keeping the inside of your body happy. Then just watch your hair and skin flourish! By following a minimal sugar, high and clean protein diet that is rich in nutrients, your skin and hair won’t need much on the outside to look amazing. And one of the best kept beauty secrets is Hydrolyzed Collagen.
So our final tip, natural beauties, is to consume at least one BEAUTYfood bar per day for supple skin and for longer, fuller healthy hair and strong, healthy nails. With hydrolyzed collagen as one of the key ingredients, it is the one-stop miracle food item for amazing hair, skin and nails.
You are now ready to rock the world with your natural beauty!! We think keeping any natural “flaws” or skin elements that make you different is incredibly beautiful. So embrace your sun-kissed freckles, front teeth gaps or big eyebrows! #allnaturalbaby
With love, Kalumi xx